Hezo Kittie

blog archives

Other Links eTantoco
Indie Gumby
Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page
Endre's Page

contact...
Tell me how much my blog sucks.

This page is powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Stog-Related Deuce, Part One

I was having a cigarette after class on the steps of Ackerman. A guy holding a large camera bag, along with some film-related instruments, and a young lady came up to me, and the man asked to bum a stog. I obliged, and we talked for a little bit. He told me that they were hired by UCLA to film a short documentary about the merits of living and studying in Westwood, intended for student-athletes.

Another guy came up during our conversation and asked us if we could spare a cigarette. I offered it to him on one condition: the next time someone asks to bum one from him, he'd have to oblige, even if it was his last.

Then he told me that I looked familiar and I remembered that he was in one of my labs over the summer. He said I'd already bummed one from him way back when, and he distinctly remembered because I dropped it in a puddle.

How appropriate. I'm the one asking others to pay it forward, when really I should be the one paying! Well, I guess I am paying.

The moral of the story is that there's tons of favors I've willingly accepted throughout my life, and many that I've long forgotten. So I guess it is good to try to be generous in general (erm, I guess that's self-evident without this pointless anecdote), but hey, you might be returning a favor without even knowing it.

Kevin killed the kitten at 6:23 PM



home