Hezo Kittie

blog archives

Other Links eTantoco
Indie Gumby
Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page
Endre's Page

contact...
Tell me how much my blog sucks.

This page is powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009
The Daily Deuce #8

I hate college.

Well, no, not exactly, but when I first saw this video, I was ashamed to be a college student because it meant I was associated with this drivel. It bummed me out that this is how many people see college, that there are high schoolers watching this video getting sketchy ideas of what it means to be a college student.

But I watched it a couple more times and I thought about it and realized that I didn't want to acknowledge any truth to the song but does have some foundation, even though the content itself is highly exaggerated. What I initially thought was shallow and crass eventually hit home on a singular lyric: "And my good friends is all I need." Then I remembered the excitement I got from planning and enjoying everyone's birthdays and having any other excuse to get together with my chums and celebrate, arm in arm. The drinking and the smoking and the 'women' and the pursuit of them are the extraneous part. What matters is that we shared our vices together.

And if you told me that Dan and Jordan and Hilty and Brian and Marty and whoever the fuck else were going to come to LA and we were going to plan a barnburner then yeah, I'll have a drink (or five) to that. But in the meantime, I'm fine dwelling in the less celebrated aspects of the college experience.

Kevin killed the kitten at 3:13 AM



home