Hezo Kittie

blog archives

Other Links eTantoco
Indie Gumby
Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page
Endre's Page

contact...
Tell me how much my blog sucks.

This page is powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 21, 2009
The Daily Deuce #3

Yesterday my peer counselor asked me how the power was organized within my family. Specifically, "Who wears the pants in your family?" I couldn't really think if it was my dad or my mom and wasn't swayed either way so I said I didn't know. I said that my dad PROBABLY has last word if it came down to that, but I couldn't come up with any specific incidences.

He then told me that, in traditional Filipino families, the mother was the absolute head of the household, the one who had the last word and laid out the laws. After the colonization of the Spanish and the move to Catholicism, Filipino families became more patriarchal.

I was surprised we talked about this because I was telling him that I was stressing out about school, and he basically said, "You know what you need to do," before moving to a different topic. If anything, just thinking about my family was enough to bring me peace.

As far as school goes, it's not about the actual grade but more about how I handled the class. If I did well in a class but I felt like I was going to die, then that's not going to translate well in the future, especially for interpersonal tasks.

So when the T-Bone's on the shelf (stakes is high), I have to be able to get it done without feeling like I'm going to melt.

Kevin killed the kitten at 7:06 PM



home