Hezo Kittie

blog archives

Other Links eTantoco
Indie Gumby
Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page
Endre's Page

contact...
Tell me how much my blog sucks.

This page is powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Whatever Happened to "Patience is a Virtue"?

Campus Crusade initially seemed cult-y or brainwash-y or just plain ridiculous. They opened with a number of songs in a row played by a live band.

But the nervousness and tiredness and timidness that sat in my stomach slowly but completely faded when I just sat and really just let myself into the moment.

I see Christianity in fucking everything these days, and looking back on everything that's happened to me (everything that I remember that's significant, at least), I know that it's always been there.

It's a perfect way of living in a completely imperfect world full of completely imperfect people, myself obviously included.

"All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated...As therefore the bell that rings to a sermon, calls not upon the preacher only, but upon the congregation to come: so this bell calls us all: but how much more me, who am brought so near the door by this sickness....No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee." - John Donne

Kevin killed the kitten at 11:19 PM



home