blog archives
Other Links eTantoco Indie Gumby Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page Endre's Page
contact... Tell me how much my blog sucks.
Misc.I read a couple of chapters of Rick Warren's The Purpose-Driven Life; not really my cup of tea. However, each chapter ends with a question, and some of them are good."Question to Consider: I know that God uniquely created me. What areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?"However, I am extremely skeptical of this book because the following sentence, which is even in bold in the text: "We bring God glory by loving other believers."I'd like to say I'm open-minded, but that's just pure baloney. That is the exact opposite of "Everyone matters all the time". It's even weirder because it's the topic sentence of a paragraph, and the following biblical passages are the support of it:"Our love for each other proves that we have gone from death to life.""Accept each other just as Christ has accepted you; then God will be glorified.""As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."Not once in those passages do they mention "loving other believers" or any hint of that. I read the chapter on Pride from C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity and it blew my mind. I need to pick that one up ASAP.---I watched an episode of Sex and the City with my family, and I was surprisingly engaged. Some people (usually conservative types) would watch this kind of show and say, "This is the kind of stuff that is poisoning our innocent daughter's minds." Blank Slate thinking for sure. Instead, I think of it the other way around. Many women probably deal with these types of dating issues all the time, and the viewers most likely watch the show because they see themselves in it (to a realistic extent). If the themes didn't resonate with the audience, the show would tank. So, I think it's interesting from a male perspective as a sort of case study on the motivations of women.Going back to LA Sunday morning and I'll be hitting the ground running. Not ready yet; never was."I came into Christianity kicking and screaming." - C.S. Lewis Kevin killed the kitten at 2:20 AM
home