blog archives
Other Links eTantoco Indie Gumby Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page Endre's Page
contact... Tell me how much my blog sucks.
When I was X-teen (variable not Roman) years of age, time seemed indispensably spent musing over rather obtuse theologies of my own creation. Everything, in fact, was rather chaotic; a mash-up of disjointed theories and minor discourses that lay about untouched after typed in a fury upon a series of fragmented thoughts that came tumbling into compilation spread across a panoply of MS word and text pad documents. Most were inane, others were insightful, but very few lasted long enough to be reconsidered. One of them, a rare one, was that we are born knowing "things," things that are known regardless of time and space. They are fundamental things (natural laws), ingrained within in our being; things consistent with our nature. As opposed to Pinker, I never gave much thought as to what these things were, because by theory, they were things already known. My focus was on what happened to these things when nurture took over, when the individual was immersed in a society, when consciousness established it's empire and began promoting logic over law. Where did these values go? And why did they keep disappearing? My theory ended with a rather elementary conclusion since these things, in the brevity of my youthful pondering, were merely thoughts and not conclusive proofs about the universe I was left with this answer: People fail, fuck up, kill, and maim simply because we forget. That's it. We forget the natural laws. Why? I didn't know at the time, but I can still only guess now: we forget because of disuse.Things must be put to practice. When we develop and grow older our conscious mind takes over, it demands our attention and controls the nuances of psychological and systematic control, to say the least: a very powerful device. It can make us feel things, think things, do things, believe things, that override our natural programming, not because these laws are weak, it's because we have choices to make, and the Lord knows, choices complicate things. If I was more of romantic Christian I would proclaim that moving away from birth is moving away from God, the ultimate in natural order, thus living more of ourselves is living less within God. I like this idea, but don't know if I could surrender to it since I just thought of it on the whim without parsing out the specifics. Oh, what the hell; I'm rambling on..."The heath was theirs and the forest the pheasant, and the deer, the fox, the badger, and the butterfly." meow killed the kitten at 12:40 PM
home