Hezo Kittie

blog archives

Other Links eTantoco
Indie Gumby
Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page
Endre's Page

contact...
Tell me how much my blog sucks.

This page is powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Everything in Life is Related

A couple nights ago I walked into the kitchen to grab a drink and continue reading Velvet Elvis. I walked by the TV room and my mom was watching Nashville Star, which I presume was some kind of country-inflected American Idol. "Not another one of these," I thought. There is so much ridiculous new television shows these days that bothered me because they took away from shows more deserving of people's time. Or even just sucking people into their sets.

I sat down at the table and was reading the section about how God is something big. Bigger than religion, bigger than Christianity. The author was writing about his friend's wedding, and that the newlyweds both agreed that it wasn't just a celebration for them, but outside on a perfect day in nature, and with all the right people, it was something bigger than the sum of the parts.

And in the back of my mind I thought about another one of Covey's stories. His friend took his son to one baseball game in every stadium in the country during one season, which is a large undertaking of time and resources. "Do you even like baseball that much?" asked Covey. The man replied, "No, but I love my son that much."

And I thought about my irrational love of hats, baseball, and baseball hats.

I stopped reading right there and silently sat with my mom. No agenda. I felt compelled to do nothing else at that exact moment.

And even if she just fell asleep five minutes later, I knew right then that this is the absolute truth. This is infinitely larger than my stupid opinions of television. This is infinitely bigger than religion. These are our stories.

Kevin killed the kitten at 2:51 PM



home