blog archives
Other Links eTantoco Indie Gumby Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page Endre's Page
contact... Tell me how much my blog sucks.
ANOTHER THINGGod damnit.I used to think that criticism was pretty fucked up and unwarranted, but this was before I read Tucker Max's take on "understanding the value of criticism". Hearing and reading constant criticism of everything caused me to think that all criticism is merely a means for people to lower people and people's work for the benefit of the critic's position. But uh... that's pretty far off.In reality there's a balance. What I said above is probably only true some of the time. Again, we must think objectively and critically [ha-ha]. Which criticism is beneficial [a shortcoming I did not realize about myself that has been brought to light] and which criticism is truly unwarranted [pointing out trivial and external 'flaws']. Being able to understand the difference is essential. Also being able to face those criticisms that are warranted, without retaliation, cowardice or straight up ignorance [selective hearing]. I believe this fits into Maslow's idea of seeing the world objectively in hopes of better understanding it, or whatever. All of this is horribly disjointed, as I am tired and need to go to bed, but I hope I can come back to this later and understand the ideas behind my scatterbrained words. I need to be able to learn from this now and in the future. Kevin killed the kitten at 3:33 AM
home