blog archives
Other Links eTantoco Indie Gumby Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page Endre's Page
contact... Tell me how much my blog sucks.
Today I had the most epic conversation with Corinna. Trust me, it was epic. It's going on the list with - 420 - transcendentalism speech - 8th grade science fair -- comparison of heatsink shape and material for CPU heat dissipation - senior ball - "To Kill a Mockingbird" essay, freshman year as one of the milestones. I almost peed myself.Corinna told me a personal story and suddenly everything I learned from comm 10 came flying out of nowhere and made way too much sense. And then I tried my best to explain myself to her and she almost pooed herself. I won't go into more detail, but acquiring knowledge and having it immediately applicable to the real world gets me so fucking high. I honestly can't explain it; it's unlike any other sensation.Coincidences, cont.1.) In the post that I said got deleted, I noted that my favorite trait of Corinna's was her ability to hold intelligent conversation. It didn't really have to do anything; I just try to think of things I like about people important to me and that's the first thing that came up. She definitely sowed the seeds of 420. Stems too.Little did I know she would DROP MAD BOMBS on me tonight.2.) I was doing some prep work for my lab on my computer a few days ago, and I used a text editor called Smultron, which is aimed at programmers because it color codes key words and stuff. Plus the application is really lightweight. It's like a cooler Notepad (TextEdit for you Mac affiliates). Anyway, the icon is a piece of paper with a strawberry on it.I was using the "Cover Flow" feature of Leopard, trying to find a specific text document. I enlarged the window to nearly full screen, because the icons of the text files actually show what text is in the file. The Smultron files, however, were just the Smultron icon. Anyway, underneath the strawberry on the Smultron icon is this partially hidden snippet of text that can only be seen when looked at really closely. I managed to pull out a few words and googled the rest."When, in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes,I all alone beweep my outcast stateAnd trouble deaf heaven with my bootless criesAnd look upon myself and curse my fate,Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,Featured like him, like him with friends possess'd,Desiring this man's art and that man's scope,With what I most enjoy contented least;Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,Haply I think on thee, and then my state,Like to the lark at break of day arisingFrom sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate;For thy sweet love remember'd such wealth bringsThat then I scorn to change my state with kings."- William Shakespeare, Sonnet 29 Kevin killed the kitten at 3:03 AM
home