Hezo Kittie

blog archives

Other Links eTantoco
Indie Gumby
Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page
Endre's Page

contact...
Tell me how much my blog sucks.

This page is powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008
I saw A-Trak and Kid Sister perform at the Natural History Museum on Friday. A-Trak is a world-class DJ whose recent claim to fame is being Kanye's touring DJ. He's originally from Canada. Kid Sister is a new female rapper who hails from Chicago, Illinois; she was recently signed to A-Trak's Fools Gold label. Her verses are simple but her act is charismatic.

Friday was an eclectic mix of LA hipsters (young and old), stuffed animals, prehistoric skeletons, rocks, and dancing. They played in the North American Mammals exhibit.

I head over to the bathroom, and overhear a foreign man, maybe Brazilian, say, "I didn't know party was so educational!"

After that, we headed to this guy's apartment in downtown, a couple of blocks from the museum. We were playing Street Fighter, and one person commented on the pixelated people cheering in the background of the Russia stage. Lawrence, regarding these background people, says, "How stoked would you be to see two guys going at it?"

Silence --> Hilarity ensues

On Super Bowl Sunday, we decide to shotgun a beer at halftime. I let James cut my beer open for me.

Me: "Yo James let me get a bigger hole."
Alex: "Yeah I like big holes better. Like my gaping butthole."
James: "Oh yeah, the one that I gave you."

I then digressed completely and wrote a whole fuckload of other shit a couple of days ago, but then my computer went haywire and I lost all of it because I didn't save. This is the only necessary part.

My blood are the most important people to me. This is what I've learned from them.

Rochelle: Rochelle is the most positive person that I know, and I should've taken her lead years ago. I spent a earlier portion of my high school days being bitter about nothing. What I really took from her positivity, though, is her complete confidence is everything that she does. Everything that she says and does is performed with quiet strength, immune to criticism, whether it be her style of dress or her decision making. She lives well, and I look up to her. This is partially the reason I stuck with Computer Science. In the end, I could not imagine myself doing anything other than working with computers. Any path will have some bumps to overcome, I just need to get better with dealing with them.

Romeo "Butch" Garcia Delavega: My dad is cool because he doesn't fucks with bitches cuz he's a baller. But seriously, my dad is my hero because he's old and wise and has been through all of it and made it out with a smile. He taught me that if you work hard you can do anything, whether it be art or English literature or computers or finance or whatever. He used to be a little bit of a hothead, but he has eventually become this oddly calm person. He's always been about balance, so even though it seems like he's always calling people, he always makes time every day to 1.) do yoga 2.) sing and 3.) watch TV with me and my mom. Plus he likes to play Guitar Hero and Rock Band with me, even though I always kick his ass.

Mommy Delavega: While I seriously cannot get my dad to shut up sometimes because he talks incessantly, my mom is the exact opposite. She is the listener of the family, giving everyone the time of day no matter what their opinion is or how worked up they are. Whenever my relatives are having troubles or just have something to say, she is always the first person they go to. It's from her that I gained my love of listening, and more importantly, the necessity for empathy. If I'm having a great time and my homie is bummed and feels like the sky is falling on him or her, then the choice is easy. I will drop everything and listen because we're in this together. She is the administrator of the family; she makes sure that me and my sister are okay and have the little things we need to get by. It's because she has street smarts (a.k.a how to do laundry, how to keep your bank account in order, etc.).

My parents give me independence while also setting up fun/interesting plans for when I'm home, such as going to the snow, a dinner date, or a movie. I like that they realize my need to schmooze with all of my homies, but they also spend a good amount of time with me and Rochelle.

My blood runs with me forever.

Although I didn't vote, I made my mind up a couple of days ago to go with Obama. But Hillary's work with children when she was younger is telling of her character. Meaning, I really think she cares about pediatric health care. She's better than Bush at least (not saying much), who worked in oil and then owned the Texas Rangers for a brief stint. Either way, I'm going to support the dems so I'm not too worried. I'm just scared about how divided the dems are in who they want their candidate to be; every voter I've talked to has been adamant about who they supported, some also saying that they won't vote if their candidate doesn't win.

"I learned a lot from the stories my uncle, aunts, and grandparents told me: that no one is perfect but most people are good; that people can't be judged only by their worst or weakest moments; that harsh judgments can make hypocrites of us all; that a lot of life is just showing up and hanging on; that laughter is often the best, and sometimes the only, response to pain." - Bill Clinton


Kevin killed the kitten at 1:33 PM



home