blog archives
Other Links eTantoco Indie Gumby Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page Endre's Page
contact... Tell me how much my blog sucks.
I was walking around my house about fifteen minutes ago, trying to find something to read. I don't have a job and school's out so I literally have no obligations, and I want to do something useful or interesting for the next few weeks.Ayn Rand and her Objectivism philosophy always seemed slightly interesting to me, but probably not enough for me to invest reading a 1200 page novel by her. I don't have the book anyway. I eventually grabbed three books from around the house: My Life by Bill Clinton, Blink by that guy that wrote the Tipping Point, and How To Get Control of Your Time and Your Life by Alan Lakein. The three books couldn't be more different. A sick ass autobiography, a fluffy nonfiction book about why certain people are so good at making instantaneous decisions, and a self-help book.I skimmed through Take Control a little bit, and it didn't sound any different from any other advice I've heard or read. It was very concise though, which was good. It was also published in 1973, and the paperback was tattered.Anyways, I put it to the side and picked up My Life. I open to the first page, which was simply a half-page Prologue. The very first sentence of this book was,"When I was a young man just out of law school and eager to get on with my life, on a whim I briefly put aside my reading preference for ficton and history and bought one of those how-to books: How to Get Control of Your time and Your Life, by Alan Lakein."Just wanted to share the fact that I'm tripping balls in the middle of the night right now. Coincidences rule.Note that My Life was in the stack of newer stuff in the computer room, while Take Control was way out in the boonies a.k.a in the dungeon room full of crap, in a pile with some other musty stuff. Just more reason for me to trip balls. Kevin killed the kitten at 3:47 AM
home