blog archives
Other Links eTantoco Indie Gumby Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page Endre's Page
contact... Tell me how much my blog sucks.
When I was coming down here and moving my stuff into my new room, what scared me the most was how I was going to love. It's easy to be loving when I'm at home and hanging out with the friends and family that I was born and raised with, so I came in thinking it was going to be hard to be loving.So far, love still conquers all. Love knows no location or any specific person. Hell yeah!I was in the car with my parents and sister over the summer, and while we were on the freeway, a car abruptly switched into our lane. Rochelle cried out, "That guy just cut us off!"My dad, the most peaceful, grass-eating, yoga-stretching person on the planet, said, "It's okay. It was just an honest mistake."It is a really meaningless and specific example of something extremely vital. We obviously can't read driver man's mind, and we're left with a couple of guesses. - He could've been trying to cut in line. - He also could've just realized that that lane was his exit because he wasn't paying attention. We have no idea. Why believe the shitty guess?Am I blindly faithful in mankind by this? Am I ignorant to all of the truly freeway-line-cutting, evil people in the world? Possibly. But I'm not evil. Neither are you. I didn't realize how negative I was until I was conscious that I was ALWAYS choosing the bad guess. But, you know, maybe niggas aren't trying to stick me for my paper.On a completely unrelated note, I now know what Emerson meant when he said, "Don't be nice," or whatever. "Nice" and "selfless" has nothing to do with it. Honesty, Respect, and Integrity are the foundations and only necessary prereqs for love. I'm still working on loving (or achieving eudaimonia or being more like Jesus or whatever other variations of the same idea is), but so much good shit has happened that it's not a coincidence.Au revoir, mon amie! Kevin killed the kitten at 6:51 PM
home