Hezo Kittie

blog archives

Other Links eTantoco
Indie Gumby
Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page
Endre's Page

contact...
Tell me how much my blog sucks.

This page is powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 08, 2005
I never have enough time to just sit down for five hours and carve out a blog anymore. But I do have enough time right now to say that the Beatles do use weird, backwards, sometimes creepy, loops or layers. The most well-known is the last song on Revolver, Tomorrow Never Knows, in which John Lennon simply recites words from the Book of Dead while they play backward guitar loops. It is a very weird, freaky way to end an album.

That reminds me of chemistry in sophomore year, when Mezzio started playing music one day during our lab, and she put on a mix. One of the songs came up that sounded really familiar, so I said, "Hey, this is Beatles, I think I know this song..." to which Pat, this junior in my lab group, responded, "Oh yeah I think it's the last song on Revolver..." and I was like "Oh, Tomorrow Never Knows! But this must be some different version..." which was a very memorable experience, because it was the first time I ever talked to this guy and we had many a great conversation regarding the Beatles and the suckiness of Bridge over Troubled Water covers.

Oh, Beatles. What would I do without you.

By the way, Strawberry Fields Forever blows Eleanor Rigby out of the water. It's not even close

"Living is easy with eyes closed,
Misunderstanding all you see.
It's getting hard to be someone,
But it all works out.
It doesn't matter much to me"

Kevin killed the kitten at 11:06 PM



home