Hezo Kittie

blog archives

Other Links eTantoco
Indie Gumby
Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page
Endre's Page

contact...
Tell me how much my blog sucks.

This page is powered by Blogger.

Saturday, November 09, 2002
8mile has been hyped for a long long while. I know from english that Gavin doesn't watch TV though so he probably didn't see any commercials for it. But it's not based on Eminem's life or anything, it is just a story of a guy was born in Detroit, with black friends and with rhymes, living in his mom's trailer with no money. Wait, that is Eminem's story. But who fucking knows what his life is about anyway. It doesn't matter, I really liked the movie. But, I like Eminem and I like rap music, so it might just be me. People are probably annoyed that like oh man it's just pity for Eminem living in some shitty trailer and his rise to the top, and in a way the movie has that, but it also revolves mainly around the music, which is sweet and makes me want to listen to rap. It makes me feel weird that since this movie was scripted all the freestyles were pre-written but they were awesome and supare funny. One of those movies that make you wanna say "OOOOOooooooo" like in the commons when someone gets dissed.

A lot of people disagree, but I think Eminem is a good rapper. Sure, maybe some of his songs suck (most of the singles, ex: "Without Me", "Real Slim Shady", "My Name Is"), which are usually the ones that try to be funny but just sound cheesy and stupid. But a lot of his other songs are really good and catchy and have good rhymes.

I liked that movie because it wasn't like other movies with rappers; there wasn't phat benjamins, huge rides with dubs, and spanking hoes. It revolved around who has the best skills at the mic and it made the movie a lot more interesting when the main lines came from the lyrics.

I'm bitter right now which feels weird because it's 1:16 AM. 8mile made me want to listen to rap, which was what I was doing earlier today anyway, but now I am listening to it more because rap is sweet. Like Gang Starr, Gang Starr is the shi-hizay. So is Styles of Beyond, and Del, and I like Jurassic 5 recently too. Bone Thugs too, they are super groovy, and that Nappy Roots song "Po Folks". Dirty South like that song is tight, Outkast style.

Cool that they mentioned the Beastie Boys in the movie, if briefly. Though they only said that when the guy mentioned the Beasties because they were talking about artists, they just said that they were the white guys taking a piece of the black man's music. But it was all in good fun and they were chatting, and the B-Boys hafta have respect with the black community, you know? They make good music.

I don't really know why I'm bitter. I bought a Chocolate Brownie Frappachino Venti, my usual, and after having energy I guess it wore off. Nick played DDR and he was good. My feet hurt because of my shoes so I only played two songs. I feel stupid now because after the movie Nick and I were sitting outside on the left on the concrete thing, and I saw this girl who moved that I knew from a long time ago and was visiting her friends. Apparently they got out of the same movie as us, and were standing in a circle with a few of her friends. Being bitter me, I didn't have much nerve to say her name and say hi. It was weird to see her though because I haven't seen her in forever and she looked kind of the same, but so did everyone else, just...older. I would think that everyone would look way different though, because I think I look a lot different than I used to. What if she didn't recognize me either. I talk to her online once in a while though so I kind of know what is happening.

I talked to my parents and I think I'm going to open up my own bank account because I don't want to hold this money because I know it's going to get lost. I want to go buy new CDs soon, get a new Beastie Boys CD, and some Rap CD like Full Clip: A Decade of Gang Starr, or Deltron 3030, or A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory, or one of those good rap CDs like that.

I'm really bitter right now. Probably because I'm sleepy and I slept at 9 last night, which is probably the earliest I've ever slept...ever. Or at least in the last five or six years. I had so much free time on my hands it was scary. I did all my homework, I ate dinner, I practiced piano, I cleaned my room, and it was 8:30 which confused me. I watched some TV, but then decided to just hit the hay since I'm wasting what could be precious sleepy time. I feel normal right now though, I did wake up at 5:10 this morning but went back to sleep.

Jordan didn't come to school today because he played Zoo Tycoon like a cool kid who doesn't go to school, so we called him up and left him messages on his answering machine about how he sucks because he thinks he's too cool for school when he's NOT. NO ONE is too school for school, not even Jordan. Well, Jordan is too cool for school actually. But lunch was boring today, especially because of the poop music they played in the commons that made me want to run away. The pop uprising recently is really annoying, because people say how they like all these bands, when in fact they basically like the same band because THEY ALL SOUND THE SAME!!! And it's all cheese music. Cheese like the quesadilla.

No one else is going to convince me otherwise, the Beastie Boys CD "Check your Head" is a pure funk CD. This music is crazy groovy.

Gavin acts very, very similar to my sister. He reminds me of my sister just by the way he responds to stuff. If my sister hated Eminem, I can picture my sister saying that or something. But she loves Eminem so I don't know. Well she doesn't really act like Gavin's previous post, but in other instances Gavin reminds me of Rochelle.

On the soundtrack of 8mile it says that the song "Battle" by Gang Starr is on it, but I didn't hear it or it must've slipped my radar while I was watching which sucked because that song is sweet.

A cool thing about Mrs. Fitch is that she knows someone or has been in the same situation as the one in the health book so she can teach from experience instead of from the text. I think that life is about experience. Well maybe not life but, well, anything I guess. Experience lets people who do things know of the little nuisances that can't be taught from someone telling you how to do something, or what you're supposed to know. It's learning through acting, not thinking, and that's really what it's all about. One thing we talked about in health today was gossip, and it made me wonder if gossip is bad. People for SURE are talking about you behind your back, about anyone and everyone, but the way Mrs. Fitch took it was cool. She said that when she walks by people they say hi, but then she can hear them whispering as she walks by and telling each other stuff, but she doesn't really care what they are whispering. And no matter how simple that seemed, it made too much sense. Though it would suck if people totally acted different to you, like they cared, but then they would look away and just say things about you. Not that their intentions are bad I guess, I mean people aren't spreading rumors, they just want to express what they really feel about someone. So I don't know if gossip is bad or not. I guess the best way is to tell someone how you actually feel, but when it comes from the paper into reality it becomes a lot harder.

Back to my "Hanging Out with People with Similar Morals" idea, Endre's right about how morals aren't the reason we are friends with each other. It's about full-on, shitless fun, hanging out, and the occaisional deep thought when people are feeling deep. Man that Frappachino really filled me up, I am still full even after the movie.

Actually we were supposed to see the movie at 8 and we got there at 7 and Erin Hansen's friend was 17 or something and he bought us our tickets for us, but they were at 9:45 because the 8 and 7:30 were sold out. So we chilled at Starbucks. Nick did ::punch punch:: because he owns.

Gavin - The last 1/4 of Check your Head is much better for sleeping than So What'cha Want and Pass the Mic. It's waaaaaay groovy-sleepy.

Back to morals. My morals thing kind of relates to how some girls say that other girls are "sluts", and that they don't hang out with them or dislike them because they don't approve of that girl's morals. But what if that person is fun to hang out with and is a good friend? In that case I think it would work, but the morals come in as an issue also. Contrasting thoughts between friends can also lead to interesting conversation when you're bored, such as when I'm on the bus with Bryan without CD players, that is some crazy shit.

I like the idea that someone said that "everyone's annoying". In a way, everyone does have their annoying qualities, even I have a lot of qualities that annoy myself. Some people are just more annoying than others, and I don't know. I like that idea.

Piano is good for calming tense nerves. But not when you keep messing up and get pissed at yourself.

I let ALL that randomness off my chest, and I'm STILL bitter. I am very, very bitter. I think I should sleep now instead of typing every single thought that flickers in my mind for even a second.

Kevin killed the kitten at 1:52 AM



home