blog archives
Other Links eTantoco Indie Gumby Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page Endre's Page
contact... Tell me how much my blog sucks.
Wow P.Diddy, Fabolous, and Jagged Edge are in Casualties now. That's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEeEEEeEEEeEEet I don't really know if hierarchy is necessary or not. So now that we are separated into groups we think that we are unique? Which brings up something, why do us humans always strive to be unique, to be separate from everyone else? Err I mean like why do we think it is better if someone is unique? Why do we think it is bad that someone cares what their friends think. I forgot what movie it was, I think it was K-19, that Russian submarine movie, and the Russian d00d said something like, "You americans always try to be unique, psh." But I can't really remember the line. I don't know how to say what I think, my thoughts are all just jumbly and I can't explain them properly to other people because I'm a dumbass. And yeah, to an extent I care what other people think of me. I guess it's human nature, but I'm just telling the truth. And I think it's pretty safe to say that we all do, well most of us. I'm going to tell a little story about this girl, one that didn't try to be unique or do climb the social ladder or to do anything that anyone told her to do. I was good friends with her in sixth and seventh grade, because we had some classes together and I would talk to her. She was really nice and friendly, she has a lot of friends, and according to the social ladder, she was on the "top rung". She wore really cool clothes and stuff, and she even bought these one pair of shoes that no one knew about then but are now really, really big. I don't really know what happened, she got in a fight with another girl, one who was very very self-conscious, and it was really fucked up or something and it seemed like the whole grade was either on one side or the other. I remember even during spanish someone passed around an "I Love So-and-So" which was the girl's name, and people would sign it if they were on her side. I don't know it was really fucked up. But something changed. This girl...everyone loved her, she was friendly and nice and athletic, she kind of disappeared from everyone. She still went to school but avoided everyone. She started to wear comfortable, plain clothing and just sort of ducked out of sight. It was weird though, and I don't think it was very socially healthy. I only saw her a few times in the whole school year, and she did say hi. I thought that was powerful that she did that. She was strong, both physically and inside. And I'm not saying I want to be just like her or to be as unique as I can, I still give her mad props to the highest of props honor for being her. She's somethin' else. I'm not saying that's good if you do that though, because like I said before, it's not very socially healthy, but it just came to my mind. I still don't like the idea of hierarchy, or the fact that it's practiced. I guess it's not really bad in that there's just lots of groups of people who hang out with each other because they share common interests, though I don't know how one group became higher or lower. Probably because these people are "hot beautiful" and these people are "not hot beautiful" and our hormones get the best of us. Damn you hormones, let us choose our own friends :D Kevin killed the kitten at 11:25 PM
home