blog archives
Other Links eTantoco Indie Gumby Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page Endre's Page
contact... Tell me how much my blog sucks.
Song For The Man I don't really know where to start with this one. Sexism is so deeply rooted in our history and society that waking up and stepping outside of it is like I'm watching "Night of the living Dead Part Two" all day everyday. Listening to the lyrics of this song, one might say that the Beastie Boy "Fight for Your Right to Party" guy is a hypocrite. Well, maybe; but in this fucked up world all you can hope for is change, and I'd rather be a hypocrite to you than a zombie forever. Well...one summer I kept taking the one train (my personal favorite) and guaranteed on my way to the station I'd see some guy saying some stupid shit to some woman; you know like, "Hey you're so pretty, don't be sad; you should smile." Anyway, on my way to meet a friend one day this guy was on the train with his "buddy." He was making these, like, snapping sounds with his teeth at this lady. I think it was his pick-up line. She tried to just ignore them and get off at her stop. Which she did. After she left and the doors closed the guy and his "buddy" started to rate her on a scale from one to ten. This song is for them. - Adam Horovitz (Adrock, Beastie Boys) Kevin killed the kitten at 6:19 PM
home