blog archives
Other Links eTantoco Indie Gumby Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page Endre's Page
contact... Tell me how much my blog sucks.
Oh Shit Yea! Mr. Kevin and I talked about our favorite musicians at his house. Now that HE'S posted about it, I just can't be left out. SO, I'm gonna follow suit... Favorite Lead Vocalist/Lyricist: Davey Havok {AFI} Runner Up: Brody Armstrong {The Distillers} Davey's higher-pitched voice fits right in with AFI's unique style of music. He can change up whenever he needs to, constantly going from slow, low-pitched vocals, to wailing, fast vocals. Davey has seen so many members of his band come and go, and he's stuck with it the whole time. Brody has a more "toned-down" scratchier voice that is like a mixture between Tim Armstrong and Courtney Love. Its so amazing. Favorite Guitarist: Billy Joel Armstrong {Green Day} Runner Up: Lars Frederiksen {Rancid, Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards} Billy Joel is an awsome guitarist. His songs have a lot of variety, not only changing up in each song, but it seems he has a new idea or style for each OTHER song. Its always a treat listening to him play. Lars...what's to say about Lars? He's fucking amazing. If he weren't, he wouldn't be in the BEST band there is, right?...Right! Favorite Bassist: Matt Freeman {Rancid} Runners Up: Ryan {The Distillers}, Les Claypool {Primus} Matt Freeman IS insane. He perfectly illustrates what good bassists should be. Ryan is forced to keep the bar raised because he's in a trio. He makes up 1/3 of the music, so if he isn't good, the music probably won't sound good either. Les is the most unique bassist in the entire universe. I've never heard anyone like him, and that's worth extra points. Favorite Drummer: Andy Outbreak {Formerly in The Nerve Agents, Currently in: The Distillers} Runner Up: Travis Barker {Blink 182, Boxcar Racer, The Transplants} Andy Outbreak can drum like no other. This is sad, because generally, drummers get no credit. They're always the ones in the back getting no attention. Travis Barker is an exception to the rule. Although I don't like his bands' music, I can't deny that he has talent...much of it. Favorite Song Writer: Justin Sane {Anti-Flag} Justin is the classic punk songwriter. I wish more songwriters wrote about things like he did. Politics and Goverment especially...Anti-War type of stuff. War sucks. He knows it. I know it. Listen to the music...you'll know it too if you don't already. Most Influential Punk Rock Band: The Ramones Runners Up: The Sex Pistols, Velvet Underground, and The Dead Kennedys It has been widely disputed over who started punk rock. The Ramones? The Velvet Underground? The Sex Pistols? Personally, I don't care. I know that without the bands named above, there would be no punk rock. The people named above in each of the categories would have different jobs, and probably wouldn't know each other. I thank the above bands, especially the Ramones, for starting what is now the greatest, and longest-living music there ever was. Since its start in the 70s, it has always had a loyal following. Through disco, 80s New-Wave rock, early 90s hip-hop, its always been there going strong thanks to these guys. Anonymous killed the kitten at 12:55 PM
home