blog archives
Other Links eTantoco Indie Gumby Bryans Cool Jigga Wut Page Endre's Page
contact... Tell me how much my blog sucks.
KEVIN KEVIN KEVIN KEVIN!!! First off, you are NOT prettier than me!! You're NOT, you're NOT, YOU'RE NOT!!!~~Thanx Nicole =D Straight Edgers own you. Haven't we had this discussion before? Yes...yes we have...so I'll say it again:Straight Edgers own you. Now you've gotten me started... I hate these damn kids who think is SOOO badass to drink and shit. "Sup g-g-g-g-gu-guys....I'm SOOO drunk right now!" "How many beers did I have?...a half of one..." "This is non-alchoholic beer?...oh well...I'll act like I'm hammered anyway *giggle*..." "God, I'm so cool" "DUDE!! Who's got some kick ass punk??" "You do??...no, no ...I said PUNK...this is some band called "Death By Stereo"? and some other one called "The Casualties"...I want punk...where's my Blink CD man??" "God, I'm so drunk" "WOOOO I'm a drunk PUNK!!!" "You pussies over there aren't drinking?...losers" Another thing that pisses me off: The fact that this music that I love so much...hell, some could even go as far as to say its their way of LIFE...is turning into a damn fad. This fad is carried by the people in MxPx, Good Charlotte, Blink 182, and Newfound Glory. These idiots are just ramming it further and FURTHER up the rest of our asses. Hell, even two members of RANCID, my FAVORITE band...are taking the drummer from Blink and doing a side project with him! Now I realize that "punk" is not about an "image". Image is part of it as it is part of EVERYthing, but these morons who take IMAGE too far...suck. Its about the MUSIC that we love, and pop is NOT that music. The thing that these REAL, TALENTED bands like The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, Rancid, The Suicide Machines who have been around since FOREVER, even FEM bands like the Distillers have worked for for SO long is being taken away by corporate America:the Capatalists:the bands that do commercials and make their living on MTV...the bands and the people behind them who only care about making money. They either don't see or don't take the TIME to see what they're doing. In the words of Operation Ivy-one of, if not the best, ska/punk bands ever, "Started in '87, ended in '89...got a garage or an amp and we'll play any time." These are the people who I have the respect for. The ones who do it for the LOVE of the MUSIC. Hell, Operation Ivy broke up BECAUSE of them becoming too popular for their liking. These 4 kids, not much older than me...met popularity because of the love for their music. Depending on how you look at that, this could have been either a good OR a bad thing. I mean sure, REAL punks...a category which even I'm not sure I fall into...have the REAL shows and the REAL music that they go to, but how long until these lost preps searching for a way to be unique ruin that too? It happened to MxPx, Blink 182, and sadly, AFI is slowly seeing it creep up on them as well. Soon, will people at the mall or walking down the steet look at me and the people I know and say, "I bet they liked rap a few weeks ago."? Oh well, I suppose a few people that read this will know what I'm talking about and understand where I'm coming from. For those of you who don't...keep it that way. Bow... They're Rancid...that's all that needs to be said. Swell Band...Suicide Machines These guys, in my opinion...and it is the only one that matters...are the greats. Enjoy them while you can Never conform... Anonymous killed the kitten at 3:47 PM
home